1. Production Equipment: Please list the production equipment that you use on a regular basis (eg. Cameras, lenses, flash & lighting, photo editing software).
Camera: Nikon D300; lenses: Nikon 50 f/1.4G AF-S Nikkor, Nikon 60 f/2.8D AF Micro-Nikkor; lighting: Arsenal ARS-300 Kit; photo editing software: Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5.
2. What do you think of photography these days?
To me, I think that photography is interesting and is a very profitable employment.
3. What did you want to be when you were younger?
4. Tell us about the time when you first got started in photography.
When I was younger, I wanted to be a fashion designer.
I first started in photography about three years ago.
5. In your opinion, what does it take to become successful in this industry?
To be successful in the photography industry, I think that one must have professional photography equipment, creative ideas and the drive to work harder.
6. What was your biggest challenge coming into this industry?
The biggest challenge for me as I entered into the photography industry was to develop additional professional skills.
7. What are the best perks as a Photographer?
I get to combine my hobby and my job together.
8. How do you plan for your shooting sessions?
I usually come up with different ideas when I plan for shooting sessions. To me, that is the most important thing.
9. How would you describe your work to first time viewers?
Most of my photos are shot with a sense of pleasure.
10. Do you shoot to what your heart tells you or do you go through a complex check list in your mind when you produce your work? Describe the feeling/check list.
I usually learn different techniques of performance and I analyze the new trends of the industry. Most importantly, I also follow what my heart prompts me to do.
11. From your experience, what subjects gives you the greatest satisfaction? Any examples?
People and animals.
12. From your experience, what subjects are the hardest to work with? Any examples?
Also people and animals.
13. What is your philosophy when it comes to your work?
I now understand that photography does not only bring pleasure to me but also good financial benefit.
14. Describe who/what inspires you, tell us why?
The thing that inspires me are feelings, depending on the situation.
15. What do you do when those creative juices just seems to evade you. How do you "get creative"?
I take a break and focus on what nature has to offer. It gives me a new type of creative power and that is how I get creative.
16. Tell us about a time when inspiration just hits you, and you felt the insatiable urge to create. What did you do with that energy?
I simply apply the inspiration into all of my work.
17. What have you discovered about yourself through photography?
I managed to discover a lot of interesting factors about photography.
18. Whose work do you admire the most? Why?
I admire Mark Show’s work of art because it has his own unique style
19. Do you have any advice for those who are just getting in to stock photography?
It is never too late to study and learn more in order to rise and progress towards a more professional level.