1. What on earth is stock photography?
Well, it’s a set of ready-to-use content i.e. commercial and editorial photos available for you to purchase the rights to use them.
2. Define Royalty-Free.
Digital stock photography allows you to view the final content even before you are granted the rights to use them, and the content can be licensed immediately. The best thing about it? It costs much lower than assignment photography, especially with Royalty-Free content - you save on models, photographers, location, props, art direction and editing costs. Now that’s digital stock photography for you!
Royalty-Free is a concept where you don’t have to pay any additional fees (royalties) for repeated use of the content after paying the initial licensing fee.
3. What’s the difference between Royalty-Free and Rights-Managed?
It’s like this. When you purchased a RF content, you do not own the copyright of the content - you merely purchased the rights to use that content legally without additional fees or interruption from the copyright owner (as long as that the scope of use remains within the End-User License Agreement). RF content cannot be re-sold or transferred to another owner; you get the benefit of licensing content conveniently at the lowest prices.
OK. Rights-Managed offers individual content to be rented through the negotiation of a specific price for a specific use. It offers you exclusive rights, plus the ability to restrict similar use of the content by others.
4. What’s in it for me to subscribe to 123RF?
Royalty-Free on the other hand, allows you unlimited usage - there’s no need to pay royalties after the initial purchase. This greatly reduces cost and allows greater freedom with the content licensed.
5. How often does 123RF add new content?
Tons. But briefly:
- We’re a reputable stock content provider.
- We’re at your beck and call 24/7 365 days a year.
- We offer fresh content added daily from contributors (content providers) and agencies worldwide.
- Our in-house creative department churns out original, cutting-edge contents daily.
- You enjoy exclusive content from well established contributors that only supply their works to 123RF.com!
We add as much as 60,000 creative works on a daily basis to furnish you with new and quality content regularly. Afterall, our objective is to ensure clients (like yourself) will continue to renew your subscription with us. For that, our creative team will go the extra mile to review all content extensively beforehand so that you get your money’s worth at 123RF.com.
6. How many photos or vectors can I download?
7. Can my clients use the content too?
It all depends on your needs - If you need more flexibility, you should choose a credit plan where you can download content as and when you require photos or vectors. Credit plans are also handy if you wish to secure extended licenses to use content on products for resale.
Alternatively, if you have a daily requirement for high quality content, you may opt for any of our 2 subscription packages. 123RF’s Basic Subscription Plan allows you to download 5 images or vectors per day. The Premium Plan is great if you need to download up to 780 images or vectors a month. We’re always happy to help you if you wish to tailor make your very own customized plan with us. Just contact us
for a no-obligation quote.
8. I want to use a vector icon as my company logo. Is it ok?
Certainly! All of our content come with either a standard Royalty-Free license or an Extended Royalty-Free license. You can learn more about these various licenses
by visiting our licensing section on our website. As long as you’re using content in accordance with the various End User License Agreements, you’re in the clear!
Nope. Usage of vector icons as company logo is prohibited. This is because anything that has been sold under a Royalty-Free license may have had a lot of downloads and may have been used many times over. It is also not possible to apply for a trademark or service mark for a logo that has been sold under a Royalty-Free license because users who have purchased the license previously may continue to use it legally in perpetuity.
9. Can I use content marked as "Editorial Use Only" for commercials?
Nope. Editorial Use Only content cannot be used for commercials or any form of commercial advertising as the content depict newsworthy events or celebrities. Why?
10. Can I use content marked as "Editorial Use Only" for editorial articles and other publications? Are there any restrictions on usage?
i. Person(s) appearing in these content may not have signed a Model Release.
ii. The authorities who are responsible for the venue or location may not have signed a Property Release to enable you to use the content or photo in a commercial manner.
The only way in which you can use Editorial Use Only photos for commercial use is when you’ve personally secured these releases and obtained permission from the person(s) depicted in the photo/video and the owner of the location(s).
Yes, and yes. Some of the restrictions that you should take note of:
11. Can I use a Standard Royalty-Free Photo or Vector for editorial articles and other publications? Are there any restrictions on usage?
1. Maintain the Editorial integrity of the content when you include them into your articles or publication. Using Photoshop or any other content editing software in a manner that materially alters the content and as a result, conveys a different message is strictly prohibited. Minor cropping and resizing is allowed.
2. If your publication's aggregate print run exceeds 500,000 copies, please obtain the Editorial Extended License for the content involved.
3. Credit the source of the content as well as the photographer as per the End-User Licensing Agreement in this manner: "[Photographer's Name]/123RF.COM"
Yes, and yes. However, unlike content marked as "Editorial Use Only", you may edit and alter the content to suit your article or publication with any photo or vector editing software. If your publication's aggregate print run exceeds 500,000 copies, please secure the Print Only Extended License for the content you intend to use.
Registration And Account Information
1. I want to register as 123RF’s customer. Is there a fee?
Nope, registration is free of charge with zero hidden fees. Welcome to 123RF.com!
2. Why should I register an account with 123RF.com?
Well, a Registered User enjoys more advantages, such as access to the many facilities available. For example: Create and maintain your own Likebox, downloading Free Images, getting special offers and promotions in our newsletters.
3. Do I need to register before purchasing credits or a subscription?
Yup! You will need a 123RF.com account to hold your credits or subscription.
4. I just want to browse your site. Do I need to register?
Nope, you’re welcome to browse without registering! However, you might want to register an account soon to avoid missing out on the regular offers and promotions that we run.
5. So, how do I register with 123RF.com?
6. Will the registration process take a long time?
Easy! Click on the ‘Sign Up' button located at the top right of the page, enter your details, then hit the ‘Register Now’ button when you're done. Or simply do it here!
Nope. Registration is immediate! In fact, you can start using your account right after registration.
7. Does 123RF require me to enter my credit card details during registration?
Here’s how it works. A verification email will be sent to your registered email instantly upon registration. If you have not received any verification email after 10 minutes, it’s probably in your Spam folder.
IMPORTANT: You need to verify your account within 72 hours after registration to continue to log into 123RF.com
Nope, credit card details will only be required when you wish to purchase a credit package or subscription plan with us.
8. Can I share my account with my colleagues?
9. OMG! I forgot my password. What now?
Well, our subscription only allows single/individual usage. So, you should not share your username and password with anyone. However, if other members of your organization would like access with your subscription, you may purchase a multiple user license. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-866-655-3733 to discuss your options.
Additionally, you could consider using our Corporate+ Platform which allows an Administrator to allocate individual credits to designers or designer groups within an organization with each designer having their own account. Learn more about Corporate+ here.
10. Can I change the password issued by you guys, into something that I can easily remember?
Easy! Request for a new one here.
Simply enter the information required, and a new password will be on its way to your registered email address.
Yup! Just login to your account with your username and current password. Click on ‘My Account’ tab and select ‘Change Password’. Enter your preferred password and hit the ‘Update’ button. Your new password will be activated immediately!
11. Can I change my username?
Unfortunately not. So please double, triple check your preferred username before you proceed to register. If you really want to change your username, you’ll need to re-register.
12. Where do I edit my particulars and other registered details?
Easy! Click on ‘Personal Information’ at ‘My Account’ tab in the main navigation area at the homepage. You need to be logged in to your account first in order to edit your account information.
13. How do I unsubscribe from 123RF mailing list?
Easy! From ‘My Account’ page, click on ‘Personal Information’. Then uncheck the ‘Sign up for newsletter’ box. That’s it, you won’t receive any further monthly updates from us anymore.
Privacy And Licenses
About Our Royalty-Free Stock Photos, Vectors, Video Footage and Audio
1. Why is your stock content priced lower than other companies? Are they are lower in terms of quality?
Definitely not, we never compromise on quality! Our content are contributed by creative professionals, photographers, vector artists, videographers and sound professionals around the world with skills varying from amateur to professional. Submitted content undergo a thorough filtering process before they’re added to our vast collection for sale.
2. Are all of 123RF’s content model and property released? How do I get a copy of it?
The reason why we’re able to provide content that fit various budgets is because we believe that we can sell more content this way. It’s as simple as that.
Content with releases accompanying them are clearly indicated on the product detail page. If you need a copy of the releases, there’ll be an administrative charge of $60 for each release information requested.
3. Can I just download/copy and use the Royalty-Free content?
Nope. But fortunately, all Royalty-Free content only require a one-time payment license fee for use.
4. What’s comping content?
You may copy our comping content solely for illustrative purposes e.g. client presentations or drafts. But, it can’t be used for any finished project, whether personal or professional. Any unauthorized downloads will be regarded as copyright infringement and 123RF will pursue legal action against unauthorized users.
Those temporary images you use for your clients’ presentations or drafts? Yup, those are comping content i.e. low-resolution content used solely for illustrative purposes or job pitches and not for any finished projects, whether personal or professional. When you have secured the go-ahead to use the content you have chosen, we welcome you to secure the license for its appropriate use.
5. Can I get a higher resolution comp?
We might be able to help secure one on a case-by-case basis. Please contact our sales support team for more information. We’re available anytime, anyday!
6. I’ve just downloaded a JPG photo, but it is in a JPG format. Can I get the uncompressed format?
Here’s the thing. All content submitted to us by various photographers are pre-compressed JPG files. You would be able to retrieve the uncompressed version of any JPG file by using a suitable content editing software to re-save the content as TIFF file. Or if you need help, you can always contact our support team for assistance.
7. I’ve downloaded the content, but it’s not the exact file size as stated on your site. Why?
Well, here’s why - All content at 123RF.com are compressed JPGs, and the download size is normally smaller than the full uncompressed size. To ensure that you’re downloading the file size you need for your projects, please refer to the size selection chart found right beside the content displayed.
8. Do you supply photos that are higher than 300 DPI?
Actually, the DPI of a photo does not affect the actual photo’s resolution. If you want a bigger or smaller DPI, simply change the DPI setting with any photo editing software and re-save it. Do make sure that you do not interpolate/resize the print size when changing its DPI so that you can maintain the quality of the photo.
9. I've just purchased a photo, but it looks smudged! Is this the original photo or an edited one?
Oops. We’re unable to comment on this as it could be due to the state of the original content. Our sales support team will be able to advise you. Please call us at 1 866 655 3733 (Toll Free) for a resolution.
10. Can I get exclusivity for the use of the content that I’ve bought?
Unfortunately not. Due to the nature of Royalty-Free licensing, all RF content are not available for exclusive use. However, we may help you to conduct an image rights buyout if you feel that the content truly meets your needs and that you would like to prevent others from using it in the future. Please call us at 1 866 655 3733 (Toll Free) for a resolution to discuss image rights buyout options.
11. Are your content available only in screen resolutions?
Nope! They’re available in various sizes. You can refer to the particular content details page for more information.
12. How long can I use the content?
As many times, and as long as you want! There is no usage limit for Royalty-Free content.
13. What are the content formats available on 123RF.com?
Our content are available in RGB format. Please refer to the content details for more information.
14. I’ve downloaded a RGB format photo. Can I convert it to CMYK?
Well, you may use most photo editing software to do the conversion. But bear in mind, the differences between both formats become crucial when you attempt to move documents from screens onto print. There are many RGB colors that CMYK printers cannot reproduce i.e. something that looks good on the monitor, may not look the same when printed.
15. Are your illustration content layered?
RGB is the primary color model used by electronic display devices such as a monitor. Conversely, CMYK is the primary color model used by color printers. In RGB, contents are created by combining red, green, and blue light. This additive process can create millions of different colors by using different concentrations of the primaries. CMYK, in contrast, creates different colors in a subtractive process using four colors or inks: cyan (blue), magenta (red), yellow, and black.
It’s best to check with your printing company as they can advise you on whether the quality of the content and its color profile would be sufficient for your project.
Yes, and no. Some EPS files are layered while others are flattened. It depends on whether the contributor of the file flattened it or retained the layers in the EPS before uploading it to 123RF.com.
16. How long will the content I’ve purchased by credit/subscription be available for download again at my ‘Download History’? Will it expire?
The content at your ‘Download History’ are available for download so long as the content has not been withdrawn by the content provider. Even if the content has been withdrawn, you can still use the content as long as you want, provided you’ve saved it. We say, it’s always a good idea to save a copy of the content you’ve purchased.
17. I’ve downloaded a particular content a few months back. But I don’t see it at my ‘Download History’ now, and I can’t search it on 123RF.com either. What’s up?
Oh my. The content could have been withdrawn and is no longer available for purchase or download. The thing is, images are withdrawn mostly at the request of the content provider (which rarely happens, really). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
18. Where do I view my available credits or the expiration of my subscription plan?
You can view it when you login to your ‘My Account’ page.
About On Demand Credits
1. What are Credits?
2. Will the download credits expire?
Credits are tokens that you use to download content. A list of Credit packages and their prices are available here
. For every content downloaded, a set number of credits will be deducted from your available credits (depending on the content's file type, size or resolution), or if you request for content enlargement services, or choose to purchase an Extended License.
You may download as many content as you like - as long as you have sufficient available credits. Please refer to each individual content detail to find out how many credits it’ll cost you for each of the download options available.
Content such as video footage, audio and exclusive logos are only available for licensing by credits. Please refer to the indicators 'C' and 'S' below the content thumbnail. These indicators help you differentiate the availability of content for licensing via Credits, Subscription or both.
Yup! Credits will expire a year from the date they're bought.
3. How do I purchase single contents?
4. How many content files can I purchase in a day/per transaction?
Simple! Our credit system allows you to pre-purchase a package of credits online and redeem them for each content you wish to license. The appropriate amount of credits will be deducted from your account for every content downloaded depending on the license type, file type and image resolution. A list of the credit cost for each download is shown in the table below:
|Number of Credits needed
|Number of Credits needed
|Number of Credits needed
There is no limit to the number of content files you may purchase in a day or per transaction as long as you have the required number of credits available in your account.
5. I have insufficient credits in my account. Can I combine credits with another existing 123RF account?
Nope. Credits are non-transferable.
6. There’s remaining credit balance in my account. Can I exchange it for cash?
Nope. Credit balances are non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash.
7. What should I do if I face difficulties in downloading content? For instance, an incomplete download due to connection or technical issues. Do I get a refund on credit that has been deducted?
8. If I download a content more than once, will it affect my credits or available daily downloads?
In the case of connection errors, you can be rest assured that the same file can still be downloaded from your ‘Download History’
once the connection has been restored. No credits will be deducted for the redownload attempt. Alternatively, please contact our sales support team
and provide them the file number so that they can investigate for you.
Nope. Your credits will not be affected provided you redownload the file from your ‘Download History’ within a year after its initial download date. If you would like to obtain a higher resolution file than the existing one, your credits will be deducted as it is considered a new purchase.
9. The downloaded content has problems. Can I get a refund?
Yup! Please write in to request a refund within 4 working days from the download date. We would appreciate it if you could also tell us what is exactly wrong with the content itself. We will refund the credits used to you if we are unable to arrive at a suitable resolution for the problem.
About Our Subscription Plan
Image Searching And Likebox
1. How do I search for content on 123RF.com?
Well, you can type in relevant keywords in the search bar on the top left corner of the website. Or, you can turn on the search options to search by availability and orientation. You may also browse through the many popular categories that we have preset for you.
2. Do you offer free content research?
Unfortunately not. You can use our search feature on 123RF.com to perform your search though.
3. How do I get detailed information about a content?
Easy! Simply click on the content thumbnail to view its detailed information.
4. What’s a Likebox?
A Likebox is a "personal folder" on our website that you create so that you can store and manage content that you like! You can create as many Likeboxes as you want, removing content which you are no longer interested in, whenever. The list of content in a Likebox can be exported into a CSV (Comma Separated Values) or PDF file for reference later, or you can even email and share the Likebox with your client or a colleague.
5. How does the Likebox work?
6. Where’s my content? I added it into my Likebox a couple of weeks ago but when I want to buy it today, it’s no longer there.
Follow this link
for more information!
The content could have been withdrawn and is no longer available for licensing. Content are withdrawn mostly at the request of the content provider (which rarely happens). For such reasons, we are unable to provide the content for licensing. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
7. Can you zip the content in the Likebox for me?
As much as we want to ensure speedy downloads for you, we’re unable to zip the files for you or automate the download process as it will consume bandwidth and CPU resources; having too many users downloading huge files simultaneously will slow down the service for everyone. However, we have prepared a convenient Bulk Download feature to help with the downloading effort!
Simply access your Likebox and look at the lower portion of the likebox navigation panel. You’ll find a "Download Likebox" section. Select a size or license and hit the "Download" button. A smaller window will pop up - here’s where you click on the links below each content to start the download. Now, this will save you enormous amounts of time when you are downloading hundreds of content files from 123RF.com.
1. How do I purchase single RF content or subscribe to 123RF plans?
It’s as simple as 1-2-3!
To purchase a content, you’ll need to create and login to your personal account first!
2. Purchase credits/subscribe
Next, purchase a minimum of 10 download credits (you may purchase more). The greater the amount, the more you save! For subscription, select the plan you desire and proceed to pay for it.
3. Download content
Download content at once with your download credits. There's no limit to the number of content you may purchase per transaction. Any extra or unused credits will be kept in your account for your next purchase. For subscription, you can download the content you need instantly once your payment is approved. The daily limit is counted by per click. So, decide which content you want before you download. We do not exchange or replace any content mistakenly downloaded unless there is a problem with the download or content.
1. I feel insecure conducting online transaction with my credit card. Are there any other payment methods?
Yes, there are. Please contact sales support team / your local Account Manager for alternative payment methods.
2. Is your site secure?
3. Do you keep my credit card details?
Our payment gateway is handled by one of the most established online merchant in the world (RBS Worldpay Ltd. www.worldpay.com
, Paypal, Skrill and Braintree) with thousands of secured transactions daily. All data sent to our payment gateway are encrypted with 256 bit security features. We are PCI DSS compliant.
Nope. We do not keep your credit card details for security purposes. Therefore, you’ll need to provide your credit card details every time you place an order.
4. Help! I’m trying to purchase a content from your site but my transaction was declined.
OK. If your transaction is declined, please take note of the errors / notification shown at the payment page.
5. Are there any hidden credit card charges?
- If the error shows, “We are unable to authorize this transaction. Please contact your card issuer for more information or use another card to make payment.” You’ll have to contact the card issuing bank and request them to authorize the transaction. Some banks require authorization from the cardholder before they could allow the transaction to go through.
Other possibilities? Either the credit card has exceeded the limit, or a wrong security code (CSV code) was provided - most banks require customers to provide their security code to prevent fraud.
FYI, the security code is located at:
• American Express credit card : 4 digit in front of your card.
• Visa and MasterCard : 3 digit on the back of your card, on top of the signature field.
- If the error shows, “PMI currency” or “Unknown currency” or “Bad currency”, please contact our local sales support team for further advice. We could try and purchase on your behalf through our secured server.
Almost all credit cards charge an international transaction fee on purchases overseas. Visa & MasterCard will charge a processing fee known as an "International Transaction Fee", "Foreign Transaction Fees", or "International Service Fees". These fees are NOT charged by our payment gateway, however, by the individual credit card. Please contact your credit card merchant bank to verify the fees.
1. How can I get a refund?
If you’ve purchased a 123RF.com On-Demand Credit or Subscription and decided to change your mind, a refund to your credit card can be issued, with the following stipulations:
2. Why didn't I get a full refund as stated by your 100% money back guarantee?
• You must request for your refund within 3 business days of your purchase.
• You must not have downloaded more than 10 content.
• E-mail us and state that you have deleted all downloaded content and that you will not use them in any way.
This is due to the deduction of processing fees by your credit card issuing bank; these fees were charged by your credit card issuing bank to you (the credit card holder). We’re unable to refund these fees because they were not paid to our merchant bank, or to our collecting gateway. Please contact your credit card merchant bank for further details on this matter.
1. I’ve registered but I can’t login! What should I do?
OK. Is the "Caps Lock" or "A" light on your keyboard on? If so, hit the "Caps Lock" key before trying again. Or could you perhaps have forgotten or misspelled your ID or password? Our username and password login is case sensitive.
2. Which browser is compatible with 123RF.com?
Otherwise, please check your cookie settings to ensure it is on a medium privacy level. You'll need to enable your cookies in order to login to our site. Try clearing all your cookies and cache in your browser as well.
To protect your account against unauthorized usage, we will not allow accounts that have not been verified to log in as well. Please retrieve your verification code or request your password to be reset. An email with the verification link will be sent to you along with password reset instructions.
We know that for Windows system, Internet Explorer 5.x and newer, Firefox 3 and newer as well as Google Chrome seems to work best.
3. I’m unable to access or make purchases. What do I do?
For Mac PCs, Safari. Internet Explorer 5.x and newer as well as Google Chrome will work equally fine.
It’s possible that your computer is behind a corporate firewall or your computer may not be accepting cookies. Please contact your web or network administrator for more information.
4. I’m unable to connect to a secured connection to make a purchase. What do I do?
You could be behind a corporate firewall that is currently blocking the port that is needed to make the secured purchase. Please contact your company’s network administrator or Internet Service Provider for more information.
5. Why does the system log me out automatically?
) Section 5 Clause ( e ), you have agreed to not share your account's username and password with anyone.